The Allan McGavin Sports Medicine Physiotherapy Clinics have implemented the following policies and procedures to ensure the health and safety of our patients, staff and community. We ask that all patients coming in for treatment to please read and follow our guidelines. We greatly appreciate your understanding of the extra steps required to ensure the everyone’s safety. Thank you.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Everyone that is entering our clinics will be required to sanitize their hands and put a mask on before entering. Please bring your own if possible. If you do not have one or forget to bring one, we will have masks for sale for $1.00.
- Feel free to bring other PPE you may want to use – gloves, eye protection, footwear, gowns.
- Our patient coordinators will be behind protective Plexiglass Shields placed on our reception desks.
- All our support staff will be wearing masks when not behind the Plexiglass Shields.
- All our Therapists and Kinesiologists will be wearing masks and following the guidelines by their respective colleges on PPE.
- We have dedicated support staff that will be frequently cleaning and disinfecting high touch areas.
Before you Arrive
- If you are feeling ill, please call and cancel your appointment. No Cancellation Fees will be charged at this time.
- Please Complete this BC Health Authorities Screening Tool 2 hours before arriving to our clinic to ensure you are safe for your appointment.
- Please call in your insurance or credit card information to expedite your time at our reception desk. We can put these on file for future appointments as well. Unfortunately, we will not be accepting cash at this time. All receipts will be emailed to you.
- If possible, get changed into loose clothing/shorts if your lower body will be treated. If you cannot get changed before arriving, please bring appropriate clothing for your appointment.
- Please do not bring extra personal items (including jackets, bags, etc.) that you will not need at your appointment. If you will be arriving by bicycle, we ask that you lock your helmet to your bike.
Arriving at our Clinic
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment and wait outside the clinic door and our support staff will meet you there. Arriving 10 minutes before your appointment allows time to go through our COVID-19 safety procedures and be ready for your appointment. This is important as all treatments will finish at their allotted time to avoid congestion in the clinic (treatment zones, change room, reception desk, waiting room, etc.) Thank you for your understanding.
- You will be asked the following questions about your COVID-19 risk:
- Are you experiencing any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, new muscle aches or headaches, sore throat
- Have you travelled outside of Canada (including the United States) within the last 14 days?
- Did you provide care or have close contact with a person with confirmed COVID-19?
- Before entering the clinic for your appointment, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer and put on your facemask. If you do not have one, we will have masks for sale for $1.00.
- You will be required to wear your facemask at all times while in the clinic.
- We have adjusted our schedule to stagger Therapist appointment times to avoid congestion at our reception desk.
- Arrive alone unless you are a parent/guardian of a minor or caregiver.
- We will only have 1 person/family in the waiting room at a time.
- Please respect physical distancing with other people that may be in the clinic.
- To avoid traffic, our patient coordinators will direct you to your treatment area – identified by colored tape on the floor and numbers above the treatment bed. Please follow the tape and go directly to your sanitized treatment bed.
During your appointment:
- We have altered our clinic space to allow for individual treatment zones. Each therapist will have a zone in which they will treat only one patient at a time.
- There will be 2 beds in each zone so one bed will always be sanitized and ready for the next appointment.
- All equipment and tools that you use during your appointment have been sanitized before use.
- If you require using a larger piece of equipment, you will enter our gym zone when no other patients are within 2 meters of you. This equipment will be sanitized after each use.
- Your appointment will be 30 minutes or 60 minutes and cannot go past the allotted time to avoid congestion within the clinic.
- Please note that there will be no washrooms available to the public, except in the case of an emergency. Please use the washroom at home prior to leaving for your appointment.
After your appointment:
- We will disinfect all beds, pillows, chairs, equipment and tools between each patient.
- You will have 5 minutes after your treatment to visit the reception desk if you need to schedule another appointment. If you prefer, you can book online or we can call you later to schedule.
- You will then proceed to the exit, and sanitize your hands once more on the way out. Paper masks may be disposed of in the waste-bin near the exit. Please be sure to sanitize hands after removing a mask.
- Please contact Val (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions or concerns.
We understand this is a significant adjustment but we want to ensure the safety of everyone. We look forward to seeing you and helping you move well and perform better.
Allan McGavin Sports Physiotherapy Clinics
If you would like to see all of our Policies and Protocols to ensure your safety and comply with WorkSafeBC, please see our COVID-19 Safety Plan